Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

#AaronsBucketList


Okay peeps,

Been up since 12:30am very sleep deprived, riddled with pain from my rolling prison (wheelchair).

Funny thing is, it's during these times I receive some of my most profound insights and inspiration.

I believe it's my Yin & Yang.

So trying to nap usually turns into my quiet time of prayer and talking to God. It's what real prayer is. It's us, man, talking with God as if you were talking to your best friend. Not the hollow words of man made religion. Man's religion is just lifeless words. A clanging symbol.

Sorry! I hate what man made religion has done to mankind! Gives him a false sense of being okay in God's eyes! When he 100% is not!

Okay I'll save it for an episode of Aaron's Spiritual Sunday! Tune in! lol 

Anyway, so I'm laying there praying, I become overwhelmed with emotion! Begin to cry from my very core as a man. 

BUCKET LIST #1
I begin to visualize Rebecca and I walking hand in hand (using my affected left side) on the beach enjoying an awesome sunset. I see myself drop to the sand and I'm overcome with a deep to my core gratefulness I didn't have in my "First Chance" (before stroke)! 

I cry out loud!

THANK YOU! WITH EVERY FIBER OF WHO I AM THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME LIVE! TO WALK HAND WITH THE MOST INCREDIBLE WOMEN ON PLANET EARTH, MY SOUL MATE WHOSE LOVE COMPELLED ME TO CHOOSE LIFE IN MY NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE. MY EVERYTHING REBECCA AVILA.

I can hear the roar of the surf now in my mind's eye.

#2 On My Bucket List
Hug a mighty Redwood Tree in Armstrong Grove.
To smell the amazing sweet smell the mighty Redwood fills the air with. So intoxicating is this smell of a mighty Redwood, I can smell it my mind's eye.

Boy, you sure can tell I'm trying something different.

So I've done quite a bit of research on the human brain since my stroke. And most current Neuroscientists believe the human brain is so amazing it doesn't differentiate between something actually happening versus visualizing something happening (like visualizing using our stroke affected arm). 

So starting today I'm going to start on a daily basis, going to start visualizing myself walking on a beach with Rebecca or hugging a mighty Redwood Tree. If my and others theory holds true, someday what I visualize my body will start doing one day. Figure it can't hurt! I'll update you from time to time.

I almost forgot to tell you the rest! 

So I begin to cry a deep cry and say to God, Please, please God let me do these things before my circle of life is over on planet earth!

You know peeps? I feel I will!

GOOOOOOOOOO! STROKE SURVIVORS!

STAY AWESOME!

Until next time,
Awesome stroke survivor up up and away! lmao




No comments:

Post a Comment